Views: 30 Author: LEIMING Fiona Publish Time: 2017-10-11 Origin: www.cnclaserlm.com
Fiber laser cutting machine is an equipment which uses a fiber laser generator as a light source. When using this machine to cut metal sheet, there are many factors that influence the cutting effect. Here are the factors.
First, the adjustable parameters that directly affect the fiber laser cutter quality are as follows.
2. accelerated speed
3. maximum cutting power
4. auxiliary gas pressure and purity
5. nozzle diameter.
Other factors that influence machine cutting effect are as follows.
1. materials type
3. the stability of the plate
4 the complexity of the cutting patterns
Here are some detailed factors that influence the cutting quality.
1. The focus position have influence on cutting quality. When the focus is in the best position, the efficiency is the highest, which is embodied in: high cutting speed, low auxiliary pressure and high stability. In general, the focus of the beam is between the upper and lower surfaces of the plate. The distance between nozzle and workpiece surface is about 1mm to 1.5mm. In these case the machine will have high cutting quality.
2. The auxiliary gas and pressure also affect the cutting quality of fiber laser cutting machine. It is necessary to use auxiliary gas to cut metal sheet. Auxiliary gas can protect the optical parts which in the cutting head from being polluted. Carbon steel are mainly cut with oxygen. To ensure the cut surface unoxidized, we usually use high pressure nitrogen to cut stainless steel. If the cutting graphs are complex, heat affected area is small, whether carbon steel or stainless steel, in the case of burning angle easily, try to change nitrogen to cut.
The size of the air pressure is also a very important factor. When cut thin metal sheet with high speed, it is better to use high pressure gas to cut, while using low pressure to cut thicker metal sheet. Practice show that when the auxiliary gas is oxygen, its purity has a significant impact on the cutting quality. Nitrogen purity also affects cutting quality. The oxygen content which in the nitrogen gas will lead to surface oxidation.
Here is a form to show the gas level.
quality of cutting section
no oxidation, yellow section
no oxidation, no luster
no oxidation, bright section
no oxidation, shiny section
Recommended oxygen pressure range:0.5-1.0MPA
Recommended nitrogen pressure range: 1.0-2.0MPA（Above 1.4MPA can increase the cutting speed significantly).
3. The nozzle diameter also affect the cutting quality of fiber laser cutter. When the nozzle diameter is larger, the relative protection of the focus lenses are worse. Empirically, using oxygen to cut carbon steel with 1.2mm-1.5mm diameter nozzle is better. When using nitrogen, it is better to use 0.8mm-1.2mm diameter nozzle to cut stainless steel, and the distance between the nozzle and plate is controlled between 1.0-1.5 mm. In this case, the cutting effect is better.
4. The stability of laser light also influence the cutting quality. When you start the machine, the quality of cutting will not reach the best, we need to cut more than one minute, then the cutting effect of fiber laser cutting machine will be stable.
These are the factors that affect the cutting quality of fiber laser cutting machine. To learn more details about our machine, just contact us as soon as possible.